I love the music from Wicked, I went through different phases of my favorite song for the week, this week I'm going to have to revert back to "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" (It's been "For Good" for a while). Anyway, my brother-in-law used to say that phrase even before "Wicked" came out and I now know why.
Monday night I told my daughter what do you want for a family night snack, she told me Dairy Queen, so my 5 year old boy and I set off for some ice cream. Right before we got to the store I noticed a little old lady hauling quite a load on top of an ice chest, she had her laundry and her groceries all piled high on the ice chest and it was giving her trouble. So I pulled over and asked her if she needed a ride, she said she was praying that God would send someone to give her a ride, and I was happy to be of service. So I got her and her load in my car and gave her a ride. She lived nearly 7 miles away. She said she had taken a couple of bus rides to get to the store. During our trip she told me about all the things she had bought at the local Salvation Army store, some lamps and a vacuum cleaner, but she wasn't sure how she was going to get them home, so I offered to come get her the next day so she could go pick them up.
So the next day my daughter and I went and picked her up, got her stuff and brought her home again, she was very appreciative and very talkative. She even dressed up for the occasion. Well when I got home I was feeling pretty good about the days event until about 30 minutes later she called me and asked if I had her purse, I told her no, that maybe she left it at the store, she then outright accused me of stealing her purse and begged me to give her her purse back, I told her I didn't have it and she hung up on me. I thought that's the last time I help someone :-) Well about an hour later she called me back and told me she found her purse, it was in her mop bucket, I'm not sure how it got there, I'm just glad she found it.
I don't think this will stop me from helping the next person, but when they get out of the car next time, I'll make sure they have their purse with them.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wecome to the Blogoshpere. I am subscribed to your blog now :) Now we just have to recruit the rest of the family
Hey, I have a blog! So just the rest of the rest of the family. :)
SOOOOO glad you have one, Kat! Post some pics.
BTW, how on earth is it possible that Kaleb is FIVE???? Love you!
Post a Comment