Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Playing on the Freeway




Last night we took the kids and Kellie and her kids and even made my mom go trek down the new freeway. It's the final stretch of a new freeway opening up and they let the public come ride their bikes, skateboards or whatever they wanted down a three mile stretch. They had a helicopter, a fire truck, a police motorcycle, a city bus, etc. for the kids to have an up close look. It was kind of fun. Like I told Kellie it always sounds funner than it probably was. But hey, how many times do you get to tell your kids to go play in the road!

4 comments:

AI for Teachers Today said...

I'm just impressed you got mom out there :)

Kyle & Alli said...

And she is looking pretty cool in her shades :)

Jodie said...

Love it!! I can't believe how big the kids are getting and the twins are sooooo tall! How hot was it out on that black top?

Mike, Trish, Megan, Ryan and Cameron Gardner said...

where were all the cars?Were you worried?