So it's spring break, the girls birthday is coming up and they say they want to go camping for their birthday. We thought sure, that would be nice get out of the city for a couple of days. Courtney wanted to stay the week, but since I'm not a camper agreed to 3 days 2 nights. The closer it came to leaving we were all getting a little excited to go, even me, believe it or not. So we buy a camp stove, a little tent to make into a bathroom (my biggest complaint in camping) and plenty of food. So Tuesday we left, found a nice little place at a site called Mormon Grove by Sycamore Creek, just an hour from home. We set-up camp close to the stream and put up a couple of hammocks that Micah lent us (Thanks Micah, we loved them). Anyway, we had a nice evening, we were hoping Lyndzi and Micah were going to join us, but the dang insurance company prevented them from coming (long story, if you really want to know ask Lyndzi, on second thought she might be a little sore still about it, maybe you should wait :-) )
Anyway, we went to bed early, when the sun goes down you might as well go to bed early. It didn't get too cold, we brought plenty of blankets, however you just can't really get a good night sleep camping can you?
Wednesday morning, wake up, make breakfast, get to relax all day. After lunch still relaxing,,,getting kind of boring relaxing, can only skip so many rocks in the creek. Tried to go on a little hike, couldn't make out any good trails. About 4:00pm the girls say, can we go home. Sure, camping is nice for little while but we found out we like camping with other people better.
I still think I like my mother's motto about camping best, she always says, "My idea of camping is opening the window in my motel room!"



4 comments:
dang... that sounds like you had a good time! I'm jealous! next time i will come and entertain you all! I'm a pro... my dad and i have been camping for years! lol
We love to go camping but I can totally relate to the boredom. It's much more fun if there are lots of people. :) Love you guys!
It does sound fun, though I do understand the bored after a day situation. Hope the girls had a fun birthday! (Wow, does that mean they are 14? Crazy!)
It was so sad, we had to take all of that UN-used camping equipment back to my dad. Micah even helped me clean the house so we could get out there quicker!
Post a Comment