Saturday, April 4, 2009

Our Possessed Car


This happened last Sunday, but I still thought it was funny enough to share. So Sunday afternoon we were just sitting around reading, napping, you know the usual Sunday activities, when all of a sudden the alarm on our van started going off (you know the annoying horn). I scrambled and found my keys and turned it off. We all looked at each other, asked where Kaleb was (our first thought of why it went off). Found everyone to be innocent and sat back down. A minute later it started going off again. I turned it off and it immediately happened again. I started the car up thinking that would help (David thought it was a silly idea but at least it wouldn't go off while it was on). Then the sliding door opened and shut on its own (it's electrical) so then we started really wondering what was going on. Then the alarm went off again and the door opened again.

David went and found the other set of keys, it was sitting in a pool of water on the counter. Amazingly enough when we dried it up no more weird electrical problems, imagine that. Well we had a good laugh, it was the most excitement we had all day.

4 comments:

Holli McHot Hot said...

Dang... I wish my life were as eventful as yours! LOL who knew just a little naturs natural persperation could cause so much problems?? LOL. i'm glad that you were able to laugh at it! : )

Jodie said...

That's hilarious!! What kind of van do you have? We soooo need a new one!!

Kathleen said...

We have aBuick Terraza. I like it. I really just wanted one that had the middle captain chairs and the built in video, both are well worth it.

M&L said...

You are brave after it looked like spirits were taking over my car, I would have thrown Micah the keys and hid in the house...I am a baby like that. I don't want to be the one to make a dead relative angry, luckily you are not a wimp like me and actually tried to find a solve the real problem.