I was at the Doctor's the other day and they had to take my blood. They needed 3 vials full. The first one came out really slow. The second one they just gave up on because I just wasn't going to give it to them (I guess to many vampire wannabes out there right now :-0 ) Anyway, they had to bring in the "one nurse" you know the one nobody wants. So she tries sticking this needle in a couple of times and it wasn't going in very good and she tells me, "You've got thick skin." "Thanks, I tell her, I've been telling my kids that for years." Of course that's why I tell them I'm a little on the thick side, it's not that I'm overweight its just all that thick skin. Now I can tell them it's been verified by a medical professional. Now don't start insulting me out there, it still hurt when she kept digging, but most of the time people can't get past my surface. (That's not a challenge Kellie)My brother Brian used to always say (maybe he still does) that's what the world needs, is thicker skin. So I'm doing my part, how about you?

So this is my arm 5 days later. The part where the bruising is, is where they couldn't get the blood, so this bruise was for nothing. There is a little spot clear at the top where the blood actually came from.
Too much information? okay, shutting up now!
8 comments:
I thought at first you were posting another picture of your sisters broken arm. Ouch. Were you rude to the nurses or what? I think you need to drink more water, or chocolate milk, I can't remember which one is better for you. :)
Don't you hate it when you get a bruise for nothing??? I have a different problem, they tell me my veins are shallow, so they keep pushing the needle clear through and can't get hte blood out. Yuck!!
Annalee,
I think I prefer my problem, yours sounds more painful.
Kellie,
We all know its the chocolate milk!
I hope you never shut up...I look forward to reading you blog all the time! You should totally write a book..."Random life thoughts from the mind of Kathleen", I like it, bestseller!
That stinks. I have the same problem too.
On a side note. I had forgotten about those things. I am shocked that you didn't appreciate the late calls and the movie that we made. :) My personal favorite is the TP around David's truck after we were pulled over in front of your house. My husband is in the YM Pres and I am glad we haven't has anyone pull pranks on us. I guess it would be fair.
Susan,
It's only a matter of time :-)
Yeesh, that makes me all squirmy! Ow. Reminds me of the blood drive at my high school when I was a senior and I passed out with the needle in my arm and my arm flipped to the side and the needle dug deeper and I was so bruised that i looked like an abuse victim. Good times.
YIKES! I have the same issue as Annalee. I hate having blood drawn!! Miss you!
Post a Comment