Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hats and Pants




So for those that really know me, know that I am not very domesticated, so you will all be surprised to know I learned how to knit. Well, not really, but close. I went to an enrichment activity where they were doing these little knit hats for shelters using these looms ( I think that's what they are) anyway, I tried one, and now I am hooked, literally. Since Wednesday when I first learned, I have made 4 hats and half way through another one. Are you impressed? My mom was, she said I thought I would never see you knit. Life is full of surprises.






I showed Kaleb's first day of school pics and talked about how my baby is growing up, well he came home from school on Thursday wearing pants I didn't send him to school with, apparently this school has a no shorts policy (that's all we bought him for school clothes) any way the pants they sent him home with were size 4t and they were too big, they had to tie them up in the back and they were still too loose. So we went and bought him some 3t pants and still had to tighten the insides. So my little boy may be growing up, but he's not getting very big yet. He may never play professional basketball but we are still holding out for gymnastics.


2 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute pictures! Sorry about Kalebs pants, though it is a funny story! Hope all is well. We miss you guys.

John and Laura said...

Hi Kathleen! This is Laura (Simper) Young. Kay found the link to your blog somehow and passed it on. Your kids are cute! I love catching up through blogs. Now to get Kellie to start one... :)