Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Need A Trapper Keeper!

Remember those from the days. I know that will age me. So I'm going back to school. After 13 years off I decided it was time to go and finish my degree. But instead of feeling excited to go back and accomplish this goal that I have had since I was young, I am hitting my head on the wall saying "What am I thinking?!" Life is good. All my kids are now in school, I'm learning to be a better cook, I'm learning how to knit hats, this is what moms are suppose to do, not doing my own homework along side her kids. On top of that I decided to go into Construction Management (yeah, you heard me) again with the head banging.
So I am trying to get organized (thus the need for the trapper keeper), I'm taking 5 classes plus a lab with one of those. My lab is Surveying of all things. Let me share a problem out of my new textbooks:
X=S(m11x + m21y + m31z) +Tx
What?!?!?!
I was going to show a different problem but my keyboard didn't have all the different symbols.
I honsestly think I could learn a foreign language quicker than I am going to understand this class. Me and math are like oil and water, we just don't like each other.
Oh well, all is good, I'm just looking for a passing grade, gone are the days I cared about good grades now I just want one that won't make me repeat the class. Too bad I don't get the new school clothes tradition, I'm sure that would make me feel better :-)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Congratulations! I'd like to go back to school, too, but not this semester maybe next. I was just made YW President, so that has the potential to take up a bunch of time. Gotta figure that out, first. You'll have to keep me well posted as to how it goes. I'll follow in your footsteps, though not construction management. My sister took a surveying class once. I'll see if she has any tips. Good Luck!!