So when I first signed up for blogging, it put me on the spot to come up with a name. I wasn't prepared to come up with something relevant, so I went with Kat's Vent then changed it to Kat's Rants (much better I know :-0 ) Anyway, the more I thought about it the more I disliked it. I don't want to be venting or ranting, there's enough of that already. So it is time for a change. I came across this quote from another blog and fell in love with it. It came from a conference talk called “Daughters of God” , by Elder Ballard. He quotes author Anna Quinlen who reminds us not to rush past the fleeting moments. She said:
“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less.”
That's my new resolve, especially now that I don't get to spend as much time with my family as I did before, I want to make sure I capture those fleeting moments, moments I'll never get back.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I like it a lot. Great idea.
Post a Comment