Monday, September 1, 2008

I love John Bytheway

So Sunday I decided to make the family listen to a John Bytheway cd I bought months ago titled "The Best Three Hours of the Week" it's a talk on how our attitudes determine what we get out of church. Having two teenagers we never have attitude issues ;-) but we decided to listen anyway. I thought maybe we would listen to half this week and finish it up the following Sunday, but they loved it. As soon as it was over they wanted to listen to another cd I had gotten, but I told them they had to wait.
Anyway, this morning the girls woke up and said this was going to be the best day ever and they weren't going to get upset even once (that was the goal). They kept singing the chorus from Spongebob's "Best Day Ever" song, I swear they must have sang those two lines at least 100 times today, but I'm not complaining. I started getting on Kaleb for something, and Courtney stopped me and said, "Mom, if you get mad at him we can't have the best day ever", of course she had to sing it, but I didn't care. Who were these kids? Usually a day off of school meant that by 10:00am they were already tired of each other, but not today. So I decided we are going to listen to John Bytheway every week!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I think we need to invest in the whole collection. What a great idea. We listen to books on tape, but I sometimes forget the kids are growing up and might like some of the youth speakers on CD. Thanks for the reminder.

Kym Hull said...

Well you know I love John and if you love John you will love Troy Dunn. Ask me before you buy any as I know where to get these cheaper and I may have it already anyway. Everybody I have given Troy Dunns "The Football Game", say it has changed their life. Kyle even said it converted one of his people on his mission after listening to it. Kym